Updated Sep 13, 2021
Kannada Academy respects and values your privacy. As part of our commitment to using the information you share with us responsibly, we want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose information relating to you, your computer, or your device, and that enables your identification (“Personal Information”).This Privacy Notice describes how we process Personal Information about you that we collect through each website or application operated and controlled by us.This notice does not apply to information that we collect offline, such as over the telephone or in person. By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?a. What You Give UsSome parts of the Site may ask you to submit Personal Information so that you may benefit from the specified features or to participate in an activity. For example, you may voluntarily provide Personal Information to us in the following ways:
Application Forms: We collect the Personal Information you voluntarily provide when you complete an application form on the Site. This information may include your name, street address, email address, telephone number, and gender of the child that is applying, and academic information regarding that child.
Contact Us Forms: If you contact us, we collect the information that you provide on the “Contact us” form available on the Site.
Orders: We collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”
b. Information from Use of the SiteWhen you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
c. Sensitive InformationUnless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us your racial or ethnic origin, political affiliations or opinions, health information, or criminal background. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide the foregoing information, we will only do so in accordance with the requirements of applicable law. Where you provide us with such information without being requested to do so by Kannada Academy, we reserve the right (but do not have any obligation) to erase such information at our discretion.
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?We use Personal Information submitted by you or otherwise collected through the Site for the purposes described in this Notice and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Generally, we use the information you provide for the reason for which it was provided. For example, if you contact us by email, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came. We may also use Personal Information about you as specifically described below:
Requests, Inquiries, and Applications: We may use your Personal Information to process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications. If you request certain information from us, we will use your Personal Information to process and respond to your request.
Legal Requirements, Industry Standards, and Contractual Obligations: We may use your Personal Information for complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our contractual obligations.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?We will never share your Personal Information with third parties for advertising or other needs.We may share your Personal Information only as described in this Notice or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
With Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We will never send “mass communication” of any sort using the emails created by us. This information is only to a few individuals for the purpose of managing the account like creating passwords, changing passwords etc. and as a policy is not shared beyond the resources that are authorized to access this data.
4. DATA RETENTIONWe generally retain Personal Information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes above, or for longer when required by law. To dispose of Personal Information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Even if we delete your Personal Information, it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional time period for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
5. MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONIf you would like to submit a data access, correction, restriction, or deletion request, you can do so by contacting us through the contact information below. and we will process such requests with respect to any Personal Information that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us. If you choose to delete or restrict the use of your Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain functionality on the Site or to be enrolled at the school. These rights and options that you have with respect to Personal Information are subject to limitations and exceptions under our policies and applicable law.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site). Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
a. Notice to California ResidentsCalifornia residents should review the Privacy Notice for California Residents for information about their rights.
9. HOW TO CONTACT USIf you have any questions regarding this Notice or the use of your Personal Information under this Notice, you can contact us at:
6126 Shadycreek Dr.
Agoura Hills, CA-91301